Sunday, February 1, 2009

I can't believe I am starting a blog!

I started this blog for a couple of reasons. First, my husband is sick of me spending hours of my day looking at other peoples blogs. Second, I thought that it would be a good way to keep in touch with all the people back home. And third, I wanted to show you all what I am working on...losing weight.
Since I moved to Florida in 2006, I have been attempting to lose some weight. When I got here I was at my heaviest (around 200 lbs) and I was determined to get skinny again. I lost some before our wedding in November of 2006, but nothing really notable. I just simply have not had the motivation or true desire to change my lifestyle. I just loved chocolate and Coke too much. I usually blamed the eating and lack of exercise on the stress at work and my extremely long drive home. Just excuses!!
Now, I am ready and I am doing it for myself. No one is pushing me into it or trying to guilt me into getting healthy. Some friends at work started "The Biggest Loser". There are over 20 participants and every week we weigh and calculate our percentage of weight loss. I absolutely love the support! It makes it soooo much easier when there are others around you working for the same goal. Each week we have our wonderful social worker (who is also a fitness instructor) lead a workout after school. We also workout on a couple other days a week in the media center. It makes working out so easy and convenient!! A freind and I also go to a step class every Saturday. Belinda, you rock!!!
I started The Biggest Loser at 197.2 lbs. WOW!!! I never thought that I would admit that to anyone, let alone to the whole world on a blog. So liberating! Last Monday we weighed in and I was 194 lbs. That was a 1.22 percentage of weight loss. Not great, but certainly not terrible. Tomorrow we have our second weigh in. I will update each week with numbers and a picture to show you my progess!
Wish me luck!!!

Nichole

2 comments:

  1. You are doing such an awesome job and you are THE BEST workout partner! I love our Saturday butt kickings from Marcia!! You're looking great! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the new goal! My Mom and two of my aunts and I actually started a little private blog for just us called "Accountability" to track our own health-related goals & obstacles. But then they all stopped being accountable!! I think I'm a little more motivated - as a Pilates instructor with a dance degree I've spent A LOT more time learning about all of the terrible health risks we put ourselves in by not taking better care of ourselves so I just get so upset that my family may not be around as long as I want because of preventable things. So good for you! I'm totally here for you and let me know if you're having any struggles or anything! (And I'm glad we can keep up with each other with blogs now :))

    ReplyDelete