Monday, March 21, 2011

Welcome Baby Josephine

Peter and I were ready to spend a nice relaxing weekend hanging around the house and getting a few things done before Josephine came. Friday night, I went to bed and I didn't sleep well. I was having some minor pains all through the night, but it was nothing that I could really put my finger on. I woke up Saturday morning and the pains continued. They were not strong and were not really regular, but they did feel like cramps, so I thought it was possible they were contractions. I began timing them and they were very irregular. They continued all day, gradually getting stronger and more pronounced. I was really staring to think that Josephine was going to make her appearance soon. Sure enough, by about 2:0o Sunday morning, I told Peter that I needed to call the doctor. He told me to go ahead on in to the hospital. Finally after about 6 hours in triage, they admitted me to labor and delivery. The contractions were strong by then but I was only about 1 cm dilated. By about 4:00 in the afternoon, I was ready for my epidural. After the epidural, I felt fine, but Josephine decided to back up out of the birth canal and I stopped dilating. After 20 hours of labor, and progress at a stand still they decided to take me in for a c-section. We welcomed our little girl at 11:20 on Sunday, February 27, 2011. As it turned out, God was watching over us, because Josephine's cord was wrapped tightly around her neck twice and had we attempted to have her vaginally, she could have been in serious danger.

Josephine Ryne Scalia 6lbs. 10 oz. 18 inches.













1 comment:

  1. Yay! Congratulations again! I'm so glad everyone is healthy and happy. You guys are going to make great parents!

    ReplyDelete