Sunday, September 20, 2009

Back on the Wagon

Well...needless to say, the summer was not good for me in the weight loss department. I had way too much fun with friends and family, and did not do much to think about losing weight. Let's be honest, I didn't even do much to think about not gaining weight. I am truly embarrassed to say that I gained all the weight back that I lost in the spring and even put on a few extra pounds just for good measure. When I say embarrassed, I mean it. My friends were all pretty shocked that I would post my weight on a blog where the whole world could see and I would always say, "well...what is there for me to do? I am losing the weight, and I know that it is bad, so who cares who sees that I am trying to make a change." I am now so embarrassed that I do not want to post my weight. If you remember what I weighed in the beginning, you should be able to figure out the number pretty close. Just keep in mind that I am once again doing something about it and THIS TIME I MEAN IT!!! I guess I really didn't realize how easy the whole yo-yo thing is to do. I always thought, once you have lost a bunch of weight, why on earth would you put the weight back on. How stupid do you have to be? Pretty stupid I guess, but it is just so easy to do!!!
The biggest loser started back up at school, so some of my motivation is back. The first week, I lost 4.4 lbs. That is preety darn good I'd say!!!! A friend also invited me to start going to a bootcamp with her. I have gone twice now, and I LOVE IT!!! It truly kicks my butt and makes me work so much harder than I would on my own. By five minutes into the class, I want to die...literally. By the end, I feel as though I have truly accomplished something. My good friend and work out partner moved schools. She is now an assistant principal, so I can't really blame her for the move. I am, however, without my partner at school. We kept eachother on track and in line. Now it is just up to me...either that or I will be emailing her A LOT!! She is still my workout partner though, so that is the good news. We will still be meeting at the gym on a regular basis.
Here we go again...
Keep rooting me on!

3 comments:

  1. I have the same problem... food is just too good! Maybe we could encourage each other to stick with our plans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, I like it! Us blonds have to stick together...even when it comes to losing weight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on getting back on the wagon! It takes courage to admit you have backtracked, but even more courage to get back on the that horse. I know you can do it!

    I am soooo super excited to see you in Nov. And will soon be joining you in the weight loss game.

    ReplyDelete