Monday, June 29, 2009

Oh the Thinks You can Think

I walked in the door after a long day at summer school and what did I find...Peter had made me a reading tub for my classroom. When I was a kid one of my teachers had a claw foot bath tub in our classroom that we would read in. It seemed magical to me at the time. Ever since I have known I was going to be a teacher, I have wanted to have a reading tub in my classroom. Peter made it a reality by taking an old tub for an outdoor pond that was left in our yard when we moved into our house and painted it to make a special place for my kidos to read. He decorated it with hand drawn pictures of some of our favorite children's book characters and some cute quotes from Dr. Suess. As you can see, he really outdid himself. It took him a really long time and I wanted to show off his work! Plus the fact that I went to a lot of trouble getting that thing to school (thanks again Belinda) and I think it is amazing. My summer school kids LOVED it and all they want to do now is read. I can't complain about that!


In the bottom of the tub are some "book buddies". These are stuffed characters from some children's books. I have had these for awhile and my kids love to read to them! So cute!

Elmer!!


4 comments: